FW: [Samba] Samba 3.0.11 on AIX 4.3

Harri.Huttula at outokumpu.com Harri.Huttula at outokumpu.com
Fri Mar 11 09:53:29 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have managed to install samba-3.0.11 to AIX 5.2 M3 machine with
following software:

- gcc-3.3.2 ( from www.bullfreeware.com )
- openssl ( from www.bullfreeware.com )
- byacc-20040328 ( source )
        ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/byacc-20040328
- krb5-1.3.5 ( source )
        CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include' ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/krb5-1.3.5 \
   --enable-dns --enable-dns-for-kdc --enable-dns-for-realm --with-krb4

- openldap-2.2.23 ( source )
        ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/openldap-2.2.23 --without-bdb \
   --disable-bdb -enable-null

- libiconv-1.9.1 ( source )
        ./configure \
    --prefix=/usr/local/libiconv-1.9.1

- gettext-0.14.2 ( source )
        ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gettext-0.14.2 \
    --with-libiconv-prefix=/usr/local/libiconv

- samba-3.0.11
           LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/openldap/lib' \
   CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/openldap/include' \
   ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba-3.0.11 \
   --with-ldap --with-ads \
   --with-winbind --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5 \
   --with-libiconv=/usr/local/libiconv

Never done it on AIX 4.3 but i suppose this could work in that too.

- Harri

"Ayotunde Itayemi" <aitayemi at vmobile-nigeria.com>
Sent by:
samba-technical-bounces+harri.huttula=outokumpu.com at lists.samba.org