should move on to 3.0.12rc1 ?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Mar 10 07:04:45 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 15:27 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> For those interested in Samba 3....

Having just spent the last few weeks back as SysAdmin, I'm still on that
list :-)

> I had planned a second 3.0.12pre release this friday.  However,
> it is becoming apparent to me that some of the new features
> we are working on may take some more time (e.g. full svcctl support,
> support for MS print migrator, vl's winbind changes currently
> in trunk, etc...).
>
> With that in mind, we have several good fixes in SAMBA_3_0 plus
> new features that should probably be in production for many sites.

In particular we should be mindful (and I'm going from memory here) that
we don't have a fix in a released version for the change in readonly
semantics caused by the MS04-44 (I think) security patch?

Or does my memory fail me again? :-)