WANTED: an updated version of the FileSys::SmbClient perl module

Alain BARBET alb at albert.com
Fri Mar 4 17:15:53 GMT 2005

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I'm a happy user of the FileSys::SmbClient perl module, but am butting
> up against some limitations in it.
>
> At work, I use a grossly hacked version of the included smb2www port to
> allow remote access to files via a web browser.  This works pretty well,
> except that I need to 'pre-initialise' the connections to the remote
> server, with username/password in the URL.
>
> This has been worked around in the Samba 3.0.11 release, where a user of
> the libsmbclient API can select to use kerberos, or to cancel the
> anonymous fallback.  Unfortunately, I'm no perl nor perl-C bindings
> wizard, which is why I figured I should put out this 'call'.
>
> The current perl module is built against the old Samba 2.2 API.  The new
> API not only allows these flags to be set, it avoids the use of static
> objects and is in general better designed.  I would love to see a perl
> module match this new API.

I just upload a new version and will put in on CPAN in a few day.
Here changes files:

3.0   2005/03/04 16:15:00 alian
  - Update to samba3 API and use SMBCTXX
  - Add set_flag method for samba 3.0.11
  - Update smb2www-2.cgi to browse workgroup with smb://
  - Return 0 not undef at end of file with read/READLINE
   (tks to jonathan.segal at genizon.com for report).
  - Fix whence bug in seek method (not used before)
  - Add some tests for read and seek patched in this version

And a link for it:

http://www.alianwebserver.com/tmp/Filesys-SmbClient-3.0.tar.gz

Regards,
--