svn commit: samba r7985 - in branches/SAMBA_3_0/source: param smbd

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Thu Jun 30 14:30:43 GMT 2005

>It would mean the owner doesn't have full control, yes. But it's not on
>by default. It was a specific request for people who didn't want rwx
mapping
>to full control.
Interesting...so I messed around with this a bit.  The owner still has the
ability to set permissions on the objects, but other users that have rwx
can't.  So effectively, this is pretty similar to having full control,
right?  Other users with rwx don't have full control, though.

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center
Samba Team