svn commit: samba r7994 - branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/include branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/libads branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/nsswitch branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/param branches/SAMBA_3_0/source/sam trunk/source/include trunk/source/libads trunk/source/nsswitch trunk/source/param trunk/source/sam

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Wed Jun 29 16:15:40 GMT 2005

Hi Jerry,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:42:07AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Guenther,
>
> Why a new parameter?  Shouldn't idmap backend = ad just imply
> using the full set of attributes from AD ?  Or maybe just add
> sfu_support=yes as a parametric option to the ad plugin?

always think before write...

What we could do is to use a virtual idmap_plugin, let's say:

	idmap backend = ad_sfu

and from thenon completly ignore idmap and do all work inside winbindd using
the sfu-schema ourself. That way, we would get rid of the new parameter.

Does that sound better? It would safe us more LDAP-queries, btw.

Cheers,
Guenther

--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Novell / SUSE LINUX                       gd at suse.de
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org