samba 4: a new configuration system?

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Tue Jun 28 02:26:30 GMT 2005

Morteza,

 > Not exactly locking, but LDAP assesrtion control gives some control over
 > operations like this.  Interestingly enought, the draft was approved by
 > IESG today!
 >
 > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-assert-05.txt

interesting! That looks quite sane, and would be easy to implement I
think.

We haven't done anything with controls in ldb yet, but we are going to
have to anyway as we at least need paged searches in the ldap
backend. Adding a general control mechanism could make sense, the real
question is how to expose it in the ldb API.

Cheers, Tridge