Distribution of HTML from SAMBA kits with modified filenames/hrefs?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Thu Jun 23 19:14:01 GMT 2005

Hi John,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 03:07:18PM -0400, John E. Malmberg wrote about 'Distribution of HTML from SAMBA kits with modified filenames/hrefs?':
> The next wrinkle is that I have noticed in the HTML books have some text
> in them about distributing modified versions requiring a prominent
> notice of the change, and to provide the change back to both the
> Copyright Owners and Samba Team.
What text exactly are you referring to ? I am not aware of any such
text. The docs are published under the GPL (interpreting the DocBook
XML files as source).

> Does this changing of the filenames and the HREFs constitute enough of a
> change to require such a notice?
Shouldn't need such a requirement, imho.

Cheers,

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/
Just 153 more Samba commits left before r8000!