Command Line Tool to set Share ACLs

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Wed Jun 22 15:26:14 GMT 2005

Hi,

One of the technical reviewers for the HOWTO has asked that we document how to
set ACLs on shares and printers using a command-line tool. He knows it can be
done through the MMC or through the NT4 Dom User Mgr, but believes that this
is an inadequate answer.

Pardon my ignorance, but how can we do this from the command-line? I have
never tried. What tool should I look at. If someone can give me a heads-up
I'll take it from there to document it.

PS: He also went ape over the fact that pdbedit is not documented adequately.
I will make a token effort to document pdbedit this week. :-)

Thanks.

Cheers,
John T.