Fixing the Solaris groups limit (CR 4088757 *Escalated* Updated P5 kernel/other Customer would like to increase ngroups_max more than 32)

Henrik Nordstrom hno at squid-cache.org
Thu Jun 16 22:20:02 GMT 2005

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> I finally discovered that there are kernel aio calls in Linux, see
> these pages for details :
>
> http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man2/io_getevents.2.html
>
> However I believe they're only available for files opened with O_DIRECT
> and not used by the libc POSIX style aio_XXX interfaces in glibc. Doh !

True. The glibc aio is by default LinuxThreads based. But it is not the
end of the world.

There is POSIX style AIO library using the native AIO available here:
http://www.bullopensource.org/posix/

And extensions of native AIO to not require O_DIRECT available here:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/suparna/aio/

and a suitable linux-aio mailinglist for more info on both projects.

Regards
Henrik