samba_3_0 disabled in build farm

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Thu Jun 16 00:57:59 GMT 2005

Jerry,

 > Thanks.  That was what I needed.  I removed the offending
 > code and commented out all of the services.tdb code
 > until I finish rewriting it.

ok, thanks

 > Jeremy and I will work on the make test and let you
 > know when it is done (got your other mail and will
 > work though that as well).

thanks very much

I'm working on cleaning up the affected hosts now. Unfortunately some
of them won't be able to be cleaned up by scripting tricks in the
farm, as they get fork() failure starting the scripts. Some of the
hosts have over 3000 leftover processes, which means the kernel
process limit code is starting to kick in :-(

I'll contact the owners of the affected hosts once I've cleaned up all
of the ones that can be done with scripting tricks.

I'm still really puzzled why the timelimit code didn't catch these
leftover processes. I can only think that somehow the test scripts end
up leaving smbtorture in a new process group.

Once you have 'make test' working, can you add a test debug in smbd
and smbtorture that prints the process group, and then check that this
is the same process group as the launching script?

Cheers, Tridge