samba_3_0 disabled in build farm

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Wed Jun 15 13:10:27 GMT 2005

Jerry,

 > That wasn't me.  That was Jeremy :-)

oops, sorry! Maybe I should have said 'Jer*' :-)

 > I'm checking the logs now, but the only things that I
 > have touched recently have been in the RPC code which couldn't
 > have caused this.

Leftover build processes have been around for a while in Samba3, but
just on a few hosts and only occasionally. Yesterday we suddenly got
hundreds of leftover processes on lots of hosts. Maybe a latent bug
became worse?

btw, I've re-enabled samba_3_0 in the farm now, relying on the
new timelimit utility to ensure it doesn't cause problems. I just hope
its reliable :-)

Cheers, Tridge