aio_read template.

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Wed Jun 8 12:49:49 GMT 2005

   Interesting!
   I had a similar problem about a year ago with I/O from a large
array, where either misordering or reads of ridiculous sizes coming
from NT Media Server (of all the things that should try to stream reads!)
would result in pessimal throughput.
  I found that a simple buffered read of the stripe width would
make it optimal, and that had the side-effect of improving
normal I/O from Solaris UFS and QFS.

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest