[Samba 4 SVN build 7266] Changing dos attributes on a directory causes it to "change" into a file

Kaplan, Marc marc_kaplan at adaptec.com
Mon Jun 6 21:11:12 GMT 2005

I have been playing with Samba 4 recently and I noticed a bug. When you
are using xattrs or a tdb to store dos attributes, ACLs, streams, etc,
and you set a dos attribute on a directory it "changes" to a file. In
reality, it is still a directory, but henceforth Samba will show it as a
file. At this point there is no black box way to get it back to a dir.

I thought the Samba 4 development team would like to know.

		-Marc