importing SAMBA/source into eclipse IDE

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 2 03:23:48 GMT 2005

Anyone have any experiences/recommendations importing samba into
eclipse's C/C++ IDE?

After my usual editor would not install on one of my development systems
(some dynamic link error laumchig it on RHEL4), I did some experimenting
with eclipse today and noticed that it now has a reasonably good C
editor, and also can be a good front end for gdb for source debugging,
and its cross-referencing functions seemed fine for my purposes - but I
was wondering about other peoples experiences setting it up to use
samba's configure and makefiles and whether anyone was rave enough to
use the svn eclipse plugin.