Samba 4 SOC Project Update

Brad Henry j0j0 at riod.ca
Sun Jul 31 00:06:36 GMT 2005

Hi, I wanted to give an update on my progress with the project so far.

* To give us runtime control over in the NEIGHBOUR_COMPRESS_CHANGES and
NEIGHBOUR_WRITEABLE flags in the test_DsGetNCChanges() function of the
level 8 RPC-DRSUAPI torture test, I've added a NEIGHBOUR_WRITEABLE
option and extended the COMPRESSION option that metze created for the
level 5 test to the level 8 test as well.

* Patched and modified my branch to include the RPC-DSSYNC test, and
changed dssync.c to use ldb routines instead of raw ldap calls in
test_CompleteJoin().

Now I'm trying to get a successful dcerpc_drsuapi_DsAddEntry() call in
test_CompleteJoin(). It's currently failing DCERPC_FAULT_NDR, so i'm
reading this as being a problem with some of the values getting passed
into the drsuapi_DsAddEntry struct.

To resolve that, i'm going to  compare the struct drsuapi_DsAddEntry
values I have with the ndrdump output of the captures at
http://samba.org/~metze/ads/caps/drsuapi/DsAddEntry/. Successfully
completing the DsAddEntry should give us a complete and successful dc join.

Does that all sound reasonable so far? Any advice, suggestions or comments?

Thanks,
Brad