svn commit: samba r8856 - in branches/SOC/SAMBA_4_0/source/torture/rpc: .

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jul 30 04:08:21 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 14:06 +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Richard,
>
>  > Hmmm, I thought we preferred to avoid C++ style comments in our C code?
>
> It's not just a preference, it breaks the build with some of our
> supported hosts.
>
> Brad, please fix, thanks

While it might not matter for the SOC branch, the important part of
following the code style is to make it easier to merge things back
if/when the project is successful.

We do have a rather odd set of coding rules these days, a mix of
'requires C99' and 'must be C89 comments'.  I'm sure this is sort of
written down somewhere, but for code in the main tree, tridge's new
mailbomb script should ensure that build at samba.org tells you when you
stuff up :-)