svn commit: samba r8843 - in trunk/source: include libsmb nsswitch rpc_client rpc_parse rpc_server rpcclient

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Jul 29 04:14:34 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 06:20:37PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> I don't really agree with the everything in one
> include file.  The RPC_BUFFER structure does not really
> belong in ntdomain.h IMO.  This is how we end up
> duplicating structure all the time become no one can find
> anything in messy jumbles of headers.
>
> But I'll defer to you on it.  I just think this will cause
> more confusion than it helps.  Headers files should relate to
> one aspect or data structure.  ntdomain.h is a mess.

Ok I agree not everything should be in one header file,
but the problem with the code I tidied up was that there
was no consistency about what was in each file and what dependencies
there were between them.

I was trying to make everything as simple as

#include "includes.h"

and know you've got everything you need for part of Samba.

As it was the rpc code had things like :

#include "includes.h"
#include "rpc_sec.h"
#include "rpc_misc.h"

It made no sense and there was nothing to say what was
where.

Once the rewrite is done you and I can get together and
sort the data structures into the places they should go
and use forward 'struct XXXX' declarations to resolve
dependencies.

That's my opinion anyway :-)

Jeremy.