Configuration Build Script

jdipietro at schange.com jdipietro at schange.com
Wed Jul 27 15:39:06 GMT 2005

Greetings,

I am running into problems with the samba-3.0.7 distribution due to the
config.h file not having USE_SETRESUID (or any of its variants) defined in
the config.h file, which causes the program to panic during a
set_effective_gid() call. I noticed that when I run the configure build
script, it fails when checking for the setresgid declaration:

=====
configure:9918: checking for setresgid declaration
configure:9943: armv5l-linux-gcc -c -O   conftest.c >&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:9936: `setresgid' undeclared (first use in this function)
configure:9936: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
configure:9936: for each function it appears in.)
configure:9946: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 9924 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <unistd.h>
#ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
#  ifdef __cplusplus
     extern "C"
#  endif
   int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
#endif
int
main ()
{
int i = (int)setresgid
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:9962: result: no

========

For one thing, I am confused at where it looks for <unistd.h> (i.e., what
is the include path?).

Later on in the configuration, I get the following output:

configure:10195: checking for real setresuid
configure:10232: result: cross
configure:10244: checking for real setresgid
configure:10282: result: cross

So I guess I am confused as to what determines whether the USE_SETRESUID
variable gets set in the config.h file that is generated. If it is
supported by my cross-compiler, why does it not get set in the config.h
file?

Thanks for your help,

Jason