svn commit: samba r8779 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source/lib/ldb: . include ldb_tdb

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Jul 26 23:51:28 GMT 2005

Andrew,

 > Is there a good reason this isn't on the build farm, as a separate
 > project?

not a good reason, but there is a reason :-)

The problem is that ldb needs talloc and tdb to build. We don't
currently have a way of putting projects that depends on other local
projects into the build farm. It's not particularly hard to do, but it
hasn't been done yet.

 > Also, is there any way to avoid bear-traps like this, with an
 > automated solution?  I'm surely not going to be the last to commit such
 > a crime :-)

perhaps this:

1) put ldb in the build farm (solve above issue)

2) add a system to the build farm where we email the committers of
   the broken patches when a host starts failing.

There is some subtlety to (2). We'd need to use the oldrevs logic to
work out which commits are candidates for having broken the
build. This is bound to generate some false positives, but I think we
can live with those.

Anyone feel up to the challenge of doing this?

Cheers, Tridge