finding server info

Chris Nicholls cnicholl at uoguelph.ca
Tue Jul 26 19:03:40 GMT 2005

Hi,

I tried sending this a couple times but it never showed up on the list.
Maybe it's becuase I sent it using a different email address. Anyway I'm
real sorry if you are looking at this for the third time.

I'm wondering if there is a good way to determine what level of pipe
operations can be run on a server (for exampele lsa_open_policy vs.
lsa_open_policy2).  I've been looking through the code, but i havent
found anything. Am I looking in the wrong place? or is it not possible?

I'd like to be able to call the appropriate function transparently to a
developer using libmsrpc.  And I think the only other option is to call
lsa_open_policy2, and if it fails call lsa_open_policy and keep track of
which one worked.  Any thoughts?

Chris