svn commit: samba r8759 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: libnet torture/libnet

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Tue Jul 26 06:17:46 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 09:31:12AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 01:14 +0200, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
> >  3) struct usermod_change is going to contain also text-based datetime
> >     fields, instead of NTTIME, that will be converted to the value
> >     required by samr calls. That is to say, I'd like it to be more
> >     non-samba-hacker friendly :)
>
> While I can agree to some extent on your last point, I have to disagree
> on the use of text strings for dates.  While that might be quite fine in
> a scripting language (that's what they are good for), I really don't
> think it is wise to be going to and from strings here.  Should we encode
> all integers in libnet as strings? ;-)

Certainly not! Yet still, NTTIME values are not terribly comfortable to
use unless you provide an easy way to convert them from a string value.
There's another way to do that by implementing another couple of function
taking string value and returning NTTIME.

Note, I haven't implemented this bit yet, so anything can change ;)

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org