libmsrpc for Samba 3

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Thu Jul 21 01:30:04 GMT 2005

Derrell,

 >     initialize_operation(OP_SPOOLSS_OPENPRINTER, &op);

Is this any better than just zeroing? I'm concerned that a operation
specific initialiser would be used as a crutch by the programmer, just
hoping it knows what parameters to fill in.

btw, one think to keep in mind is that all of this discussion doesn't
just apply to RPC. I chose a 'control block' interface for the raw SMB
client library as well for the same reasons. I also chose it for the
new nbt library, the dgram library, the wins library, and the cldap
library. Volker also chose it for the ldap library.

I think consistency is pretty important in a API, so on that basis
alone I think we have to go with the control block method, and we'll
just have to buy Jerry a tasty treat at the CIFS conference to soften
the pain for him :-)

Cheers, Tridge