Sidebar re control blocks (libmsrpc for Samba 3)

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 20 17:11:29 GMT 2005

Chris Nicholls wrote:
> This 'control block' structure has grown on me since i first looked at
> this thread last night. It definately makes for much more readable code
> and makes it really easy to pass a number of parameters out of a
> function (as a lot of rpc operations seem to do).

  It also rapidly became the preferred way in Multics, when folks
first tried writing OSs from scratch in a higher-level-language...
despite the availability and low cost of parameters.

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest