Is there a better way to check for user/group list updates from ADS domains than doing wbinfo --sequence?

Kaplan, Marc marc_kaplan at adaptec.com
Mon Jul 18 22:46:44 GMT 2005

I'm wondering if there is a better way to check for updates to an ADS DC
than doing wbinfo --sequence. For NT4 domains the update sequence number
(USN) doesn't change unless an object changes, is added, or deleted. But
on ADS DCs it seems like the sequence number just increments every few
minutes even if no user-initiated changes took place. So, I'm wondering
if anybody knows of a better method.

Thanks,
			-Marc