Renaming a PDC hostname/domain remotely

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Sat Jul 16 23:16:04 GMT 2005

On Saturday 16 July 2005 16:54, Anthony Chavez wrote:
> I apologize for the crosspost, but I seem to think that samba-technical@
> is a more suitable list than samba@ for this subject....

I am interpreting this email as either of:

	a) My email did not serve you well

OR

	b) You have not seen it yet.

I pointed you at the official documentation. I asked you to contact me if it
did not answer your needs.

Yes. The Samba domain SID is derived from the workgroup (domain) name.

Workstations only care about the domain SID. The document I pointed you
towards explains in detail how to migrate systems, and/or change the domain
name.

Please let me know if any of the documentation is insufficient. I want to be
certain that our documentation is more than adequate to serve the needs of
our users.

Samba-Technical is NOT the right place to ask this type of question.
Samba-Technical is solely for discussion of developmental issues and proven
significant technical problems.

You asked on IRC #samba (you were gone before I could answer you), and you
asked on the Samba mailing list. I did respond - I hope that was appropriate.

Cheers,
John T.

--
John H Terpstra