svn commit: samba r8460 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: auth/kerberos include/system

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 14 12:06:07 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 09:56 +0000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> Author: tridge
> Date: 2005-07-14 09:56:27 +0000 (Thu, 14 Jul 2005)
> New Revision: 8460
>
> WebSVN: http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=8460
>
> Log:
> removed the unused function krb5_locate_kdc(). It causes a build failure on irix.
>
> Andrew, if you planned on using this in the future then we can put it
> back and work out how to make it portable

This is a left-over from Samba3, and there are other problems:  There is
still a bugreport in the debian BTS complaining that not only is it a
private internal krb5 function, but that the prototype was incorrect
anyway...

As such, I'm happy to see it go, until I figure out what I would ever
use it for :-)