Heimdal Futures

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sun Jul 10 03:38:17 GMT 2005

Andrew,

 > So, as I see it, the main blocker on this would be build system issues:
 >
 > Currently the Heimdal build induces a number of warnings, mostly
 > triggered not by flaws in the codebase, but by the way we build it.  We
 > also don't handle dependencies very well.

I don't think that importing all the rest of heimdal would help that,
unless we actually moved to doing recursive configure, which I think
would be a very bad idea.

 > Now, perhaps getting the situation in the tree will help fix these
 > issues, but I just want to check that folks will be happy to put up with
 > a large pile of extra warnings being introduced into our largely
 > warning-free build.

I think both the build problems and the warnings are likely to get
fixed faster if its in the tree. Hopefully you will then be able to
work with lha to reduce the warnings?

I certainly don't think this should hold up putting the code in.

Cheers, Tridge