Future and plans for libnet? Why 'all the way with ejs'?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jul 9 02:12:35 GMT 2005

I'm wondering, given all the attention being put into Samba4's embedded
scripting language (to support swat), what the future of libnet is?

It seems that libnet is slowly being replaced by ejs, and that the
emphasis is on SWAT being the admin tool-centre rather than net.  Is
that an accurate description of where we are going?

Likewise, what has happened to python?  ejs is fine (I suppose) for our
internal use, but isn't part of the idea with Samba4 to be open and
easily extended beyond Samba?