net rpc vampire performance

Stefan Gohmann gohmann at univention.de
Thu Jul 7 05:05:39 GMT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2005 23:11 schrieb Jim McDonough:
> Stefan and Don,
> I've committed a version of Don's code to svn.  Please take a look.  Some
> changes I made:
>  - Removed a number of index parms sent to functions, where a full array+an
> index was passed in, when really we only wanted that one indexed item from
> the array, and instead only sent the array element itself.
>  - eliminated the smb.conf structure, since much of this just duplicated
> the existing smb.conf parms.
>  - simplified the "ldif_file" filename logic (removed allocation/free,
> since we already have the data and just can reassign the pointer to the
> appropriate name)
>  - Added help text in "net rpc help vampire"
>
> Stefan, do you think you could autodetect the xml libs instead of requiring
> the extra ./configure parm?

The extra ./configure parm isn't required:

$ ./configure --cache-file=/dev/null  | grep "checking for xml2-config"
checking for xml2-config... /home/stegoh/kde3.4.1/bin/xml2-config
$ rgrep HAVE_XML include/*.h
include/config.h:#define HAVE_XML2 1
$ mv /home/stegoh/kde3.4.1/bin/xml2-config \
                   /home/stegoh/kde3.4.1/bin/xml2-config.BAK
$ ./configure --cache-file=/dev/null  | grep "checking for xml2-config"
checking for xml2-config... no
$ rgrep HAVE_XML include/*.h
include/config.h:/* #undef HAVE_XML2 */
$ ./configure --cache-file=/dev/null  --enable-vampire-xml | grep "checking
for xml2-config"
checking for xml2-config... no
configure: error: xml2 support required but xml2-config not located.  Make
sure xml2-devel related files are installed.

Greetings
Stefan

--
Stefan Gohmann     <gohmann at univention.de>       fon: +49 421 22 232- 0
Entwicklung        Linux for Your Business