NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

Belkorin tpdiglett at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 18:33:52 GMT 2005

Ok, I noticed that when I was trying to connect on the
server machine that I was trying to connect to temp
not test, but I'm still getting errors on my win98
machines, and on a Ubuntu machine. On windows, it
doesn't show up in the network neighborhood anymore,
and when I try to do "net use * \\oldserv\test" it
tells me:

Error 53: The computer name specified in the network
path cannot be located. Make sure you are specifying
the computer name correctly, or try again later when
the remote computer is available.

On the Ubuntu machine it doesnt' show up in the
network browser and, if I try "smbclient
//oldserv/test" it tells me:

Connection to oldserv failed