Windows Printer spooler problem? samba 3.0.10
nishihara at silexamerica.com
Tue Jul 5 15:26:05 GMT 2005
I have the one problem on the printing function.
Sometimes I print out the job, then donot erase the printer job
information from the spooler automatically.
I noticed the cause.
The job information has been deleted from the tdb of
/locks/printing/*.tdb, while the print job data is received.
Normally, deleting packet(RRPCN request) send from the samba server to
client in 1 or 2 minute after print out.
I don't know why the samba server delete the record before the printer
job dose not printed out.
It is occurred for the lpq cash time-out in the "print_cache_expired"
* Invalidate the queue for 3 reasons.
* (1). last queue scan time == -1.
* (2). Current time - last queue scan time > allowed cache time.
* (3). last queue scan time > current time + MAX_CACHE_VALID_TIME (1 hour by default).
* This last test picks up machines for which the clock has been moved
* forward, an lpq scan done and then the clock moved back. Otherwise
* that last lpq scan would stay around for a loooong loooong time... :-).JRA.
Isn't there problem in this requirement? Can I escape this problem
by change the lpq cache time?
I'm sorry, I lost the smb log file. But I have the ethreal packet.
If you need more information, I can send the log file and the packet.
Version samba server 3.0.10
Printer Canon LBP-1420
Windows Client Windows XP Professional SP2
silex technology america, Inc.
E-mail: nishihara at silexamerica.com
[Phone] 801-748-1199 [Fax] 801-748-0730
More information about the samba-technical