svn commit: samba r5118 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: librpc/idl librpc/ndr nbt_server

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Mon Jan 31 23:53:56 GMT 2005

Chris,

 > Point is, I have seen NetBIOS names with nul bytes in them and had to
 > modify my own tools to handle them.

really? Can you give me an example of a an application that uses name
with a nul in the middle?  (obviously the '*' name doesn't count).

I just don't see how this would work with nbt
implementation. Eventually those NBT names come from a config file,
and that config file will be in a human readable form. Unless you know
of real applications that directly deal with the encoded name in their
config I just don't see how this happens.

If it does happen then I might change the nbt code to deal with it,
but I'd like an example so I know I'm not just wasting time on a
non-problem.

Cheers, Tridge