wins.dat and non-ASCII netbios names

Bjoern JACKE samba at j3e.de
Mon Jan 31 13:46:08 GMT 2005

On 2005-01-30 at 12:02 +0100 Simo Sorce sent off:
>Would it be enough to have a textual init file to preload entries from?
>Do we need runtime editability? (does it make sense?)

from today's point of view a textual init file would be enough I
think, however that would mean we have to stop nmbd to add static WINS
entries and start it again - but that would be okay I think. The
interesting question is how the upcoming wins repication will work and
if it wouldn't make more senѕe to switch to tdb storage for it, also
being able to put stuff like that into LDAP would propably nice to
have.

Bjoern