memory overhead and embedded Samba

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Sun Jan 30 08:12:09 GMT 2005

Okay, some things I've discovered...

I got my NSLU2 yesterday and fired it up today.  It's tiny!  Fits in my
palm.  :)

Downer:  I put an old laptop drive into a cheap USB2.0 drive case and it
worked like a charm on all my Linux desktops (and the Windows boxes too).
Unfortunately, the NSLU2 refused to recognize it.

The folks on the #nslu2-linux channel tell me that the stock firmware only
seems to recognize the Maxtor drives that Linksys recommends.  Ugh.  Looks
like I'll be upgrading to the UnSlung firmware.  On the plus side, UnSlung
has a toolchain, and there's someone working on getting Samba3 compiled
natively on the NSLU2.  Then they have to run it...  :)

More when I know it...

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org