suggestion for libsmbclient feature / (SMB URL syntax)

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
Sat Jan 29 23:29:05 GMT 2005

Alexander Vodomerov <alex at sectorb.msk.ru> writes:

> Great thanks for help! The draft you pointed me clarified a lot. As I
> understand, the "CALLED" attribute can be a solution for my case. I
> can use IP in URL and NetBIOS name in CALLED for Win98 machines.
>
> It will take me some time to get better understanding of Samba
> source and make a patch.

Ok.  If you start with current cvs HEAD, you'll be able to eliminate the
patches from my patch-set that apply to the .../lib directory.  Those have
select() and time-related functions have already been applied, as they were
more critical.

I've done quite a bit of work on libsmbclient, so feel free to query me with
thoughts and ideas about your planned implementation.

Cheers,

Derrell