suggestion for libsmbclient feature / (SMB URL syntax)

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sat Jan 29 21:51:30 GMT 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:31:19 -0500
Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com wrote:

> I added the ?mb option that you mention.  Unfortunately, it violates the
> proposed standard for the SMB URL:
>
>    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crhertel-smb-url-08.txt

Well then jCIFS violates this draft too because the only query string
parameter jCIFS supports is ?SERVER=1.2.3.4 to override the name service
lookup but it's not in the draft. I used it to target a specific master
browser when I was testing NetServerEnumr3 and just left it in there.

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.