Printing problems when user in "Power Users" group

Olaf Frączyk olaf at cbk.poznan.pl
Fri Jan 28 10:50:03 GMT 2005

Hi,

Samba works as PDC. Another Samba is a domain member and acts as print
server.

When I add domain user to "Power Users" group on Win2000, then he cannot
see any printer jobs nor printer status. Printing works.

In /Start/Settings/Printers window I get: "Access denied, impossible to
connect" (translated from Polish) for the printer on the print server.

I have generated level=3 logs:
1. print_NOT_OK.log - user in "Power Users" group
2. print_OK.log - few minutes later, after removal from "Power Users"
group

Samba 3.0.11pre2
Windows - W2K (PL) SP3 + all patches till 27.12.2004

Is there any workaround?

Regards,

Olaf Fraczyk

--