single daemon -- restart certain services?

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Jan 27 10:53:16 GMT 2005

> Hi!
>
> During fixing problems it is for me quite often the case that I want to
> restart
> *just* nmbd. With Samba4's architecture this will be a lot harder, because
> existing smb connnections would die. Will it be possible to restart
> certain
> subsystems individually?

Yes, I think so, and I think we need this before we release 4.0!

I'll add that someday:-) but not in near future...

I hope when we'll switch to have smbd's config in an ldb, it will be much
easier to handle runtime config changes.

then we don't need the SIGHUP for trigger config rereads.

--
metze

Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba dot org>