svn commit: samba r4982 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: build/smb_build scripting/swig

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Jan 25 15:34:26 GMT 2005

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher schrieb:
| tpot at samba.org schrieb:
| | Author: tpot
| | Date: 2005-01-25 11:21:25 +0000 (Tue, 25 Jan 2005)
| | New Revision: 4982
| |
| | WebSVN:
| http://websvn.samba.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?view=rev&root=samba&rev=4982
| |
| | Log:
| | Start to move swig dependencies into new build system.  Unfortunately
| | I can only get something useful happening by using the BINARY keyword
| | as nothing else seems to generate dependency lists that can be used
| | when linking the swig shared libraries.  Anyway this is a lot nicer
| | than having lots of junk in makefile.pm.
|
| You should try to use the LIBRARY keyword.
|
| what are the generated output files? which will be installed by make
| install
|
| are this the .so files or .i or .py or .pyc files
|
| and what is the way to get this files( what are the logical steps to get
| them?)
|
| do we just need '/usr/bin/swig' for all this?

why do we only check for PYTHON in scripting/config.m4 and not for swig and if it can handle python?

does swig need this or python?
if test x"$PYTHON" != "x"; then
	incdir=`python -c 'import sys; print "%s/include/python%d.%d" % (sys.prefix, sys.version_info[[0]],
sys.version_info[[1]])'`
	CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I $incdir"
fi

I think we should better use something like this

~ scripting/swig/tdb.py: scripting/swig/tdb.i
~ 	swig -python -I $(SWIG_FLAGS) scripting/swig/tdb.i

instead of polluting the gcc CPPFLAGS

| I want to try to understand that stuff and then we could find a way to
| integrate this properly into
| the build system
|
| --
| metze