trust account pw code in trunk

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Mon Jan 24 23:02:56 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 04:48:23PM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
> | Really ? It shouldn't make any difference. I'll have a look.
>
> Its pretty obviously not been tested there though.  The
> problem is that trust_pw_change_and_store_it() has to find
> the entry for the trust account before it will try to store it.
> SO it will never work for a new trust.

That's why it worked when I joined new style.
Hmm... this might be fairly easy to fix withing current scheme.
That is, if we wanted to keep it.

> |> Are you ok with this ?
> |
> | My heart is bleeding about the code ;)  but go ahead
> | if we want to simplify this solution. And we do want
> | to simplify it...
>
> Yeah I know how it is.  Happens to all of us.  I'll see what
> I can do to get things in working shape.  Thanks for taking
> a stab at it.

OK then, I feel a bit attached to this piece of functionality,
so if there is something I could do to help you...

cheers,
--
Rafal Szczesniak
Samba Team member  http://www.samba.org