memory overhead and embedded Samba

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Mon Jan 24 03:15:00 GMT 2005

Chris,

 > > Does anyone have any other uses for this sort of tiny footprint CIFS
 > > server?
 >
 > Lots.  I've been thinking about this kind of thing for a long time...

ok, do you feel like trying to implement some of them? It should be
quite easy to build a tiny firmware for the current Samba4 and put it
on one of these tiny Linux boxes. It would make a nice demo at
SambaXP.

Things will be even easier when we have nbtd built in, so you don't
need the Samba3 nmbd. I might get started on that next week.

Cheers, Tridge