Issues with cli_session_setup() calling conventions

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 21 22:37:50 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 14:41 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> So what is exactly is your proposal?  Not sure I follow you.
> I understand the problem but am not sure what you are asking
> me (or you) to do.  I get the feeling that this is one of
> those bugs we have that may cost more to fix than it is worth.

I suppose it was that reaction that I was looking for.  For clients that
match the MS behaviours in this area, this doesn't matter.  For servers
in != security=server, this doesn't matter.  It's a correctness issue.

That said, it bites the CIFS VFS, which is a major client.

> Is there a thread URL you can point me to to get caught up
> on the discussion?

The posts in this thread (before and after) should give you some idea:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2004-
November/000523.html