How to debug 100x variance in writing the same file?

John Gerth gerth-samba at graphics.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 21 22:22:16 GMT 2005

Thanks for the guidance. I probably had some subconscious hope that this
was a known issue and someone would write "John, you ignoramous, why didn't
you set socket options to .....".  As must be painfully clear, I'm not very
NBT-protocol aware. It had been my naive hope that TCP was already covering
all the packet loss issues and thus why I both used 'scp' and NBT to the W2k3
server to try and convince myself that the network transport wasn't an issue.

On to ethereal...

..and thanks to you all for the speedy replies. I'll be sure to post
a resolution when I get one.

/John