svn commit: samba r4885 - in branches/SAMBA_4_0/source: include libcli libcli/nbt librpc librpc/idl librpc/ndr

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Jan 21 18:39:04 GMT 2005

Dang.

Building a client library was on the top of my
when-I-get-a-minute-to-breath list.  Ah, well...

I do have one started, and it's been a great deal of help to me, but it's
not far enough along for an nmbd replacement.

Curious:

- Why use IDL?  The packet formats are well-known, simple, and not likely
  to change.  Hard-coding them might take a little more time and require a
  bit more careful debugging, but once done they'd be done.

- I'm a big fan of randomizing packet IDs, but I can't think of a good
  reason to do so for NBT TRNs since (as far as I know) there's nothing
  that makes use of packet sequence.  What is gained?

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org