WinXP 'long name' domain join to Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 21 07:36:42 GMT 2005

On the basis of the hard work of those on the Samba4 project, and in
particular metze, I am pleased to note that WinXP now performs a domain
join to Samba, using the 'long name', ie the DNS name of the domain.

I did this with the standard output of the provision script, cldap, DNS
(using the provision zone) and Samba3 (unpatched) nmbd using the samba4
config file.

I'm now working on the Kerberos side of this again, as I continue to
develop/debug our Heimdal plugin.