printer driver's continuing past restart

Mr E_T troll at arach.net.au
Fri Jan 21 00:14:08 GMT 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 00:19, you wrote:
> > --with-lockdir=/var/lock
>
> Do you have a process that removes everything in /var/lock at
> startup?  If so, have it spare the tdb's, or ./configure samba's
> lockdir to something else.

Yes I just discovered it - LFS has a general clean of the /var/run and /var/lock in their boot files.
I wouldn't be supprised if other distro's did something similar - maybe the default lockdir should be
moved to a more safer directory.

I will reconfigure samba to use /var/lib/samba/tdb as its lock directory. That way its unique to
 samba and save me some grief and frustration.

--
regs MR E_T