Port Samba to VxWorks

"Andreas Löttner" loettner at gmx.at
Tue Jan 18 10:12:52 GMT 2005

Hello

I try to port the linux Samba to VxWorks. I need this to connect a Windows
PC to a Control System under VxWorks. I dont need the special features like
LDAP or ADS and so on, only the basics (copy files, open files, basic
security features).
The Server should be able to deal with a few Windows NT/2000/XP clients.
The big problem is that the original samba source uses a fork() command,
which is not available under VxWorks. There you can only create tasks.

It would be a great advantage if someone has already tried to port samba to
vxworks and what strategy could be used.

bye

--
10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail