WineConf 2005

Brian Vincent brian.vincent at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 22:11:33 GMT 2005

Hey guys.  Just thought I'd drop a note about a conference we're
putting together for Wine.  It's going to take place 2 days before
SambaXP (April 30th - May 1st).  That's right, our goal is to get all
the Linux/Windows integration gurus together in the same area of
Germany.  Folks from Redmond would probably think of it as a
target-rich environment, but I'd prefer calling it a meeting of the
minds.  Here's the details that just got sent to the
wine-devel at winehq.org mailing list:

WHAT:  WineConf 2005
WHEN:  April 30 - May 1, 2005
WHERE: Institute of Communication Networks and Computer Engineering
       Stuttgart-Vaihingen Campus
       University of Stuttgart
WHO:   Anyone interested in Wine development.  Please note: is a developers-only
       conference.
HOW:   Check out WineHQ for travel details.  We still have quite a lot to
       work out, including the actual agenda, but we'll update these web
       pages as more info becomes available:

               http://www.winehq.org/site/wineconf

If you plan on attending, please register on the website using the
RSVP form as soon as possible.  You can also find details on there
about the wineconf mailing list.  At this point there's a lot of
planning that remains, so you'll have to bear with us as that
discussion occurs.  As far as the agenda goes, we'll probably plan on
having something like 3 presentations in the morning and 3 in the
afternoon of each day.  We'll try to leave lots of time for questions
and discussion at the end of each one.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or ask on the
wineconf mailing list.

-Brian Vincent
brian.vincent at gmail.com