ldap attribute aliases

Andrew Tridgell tridge at osdl.org
Sat Jan 15 03:53:01 GMT 2005

Luke,

 > Active Directory also includes some attribute supertypes in returned
 > output (eg. "name" for the RDN value of an entry).

hmm, ok. We're treating 'name' as a normal attribute in ldb at the
moment. We should probably switch it to be a generated attribute based
on the RDN (thats the "relative DN", or leftmost portion of the DN,
right?)

 > The use of "distinguishedName", which is supposed to be an abstract
 > attribute supertype, is somewhat non-standard. But what isn't?

ok, thanks. For the moment I've added distinguishedName as a special
case.

Cheers, Tridge