LDAP delay when connected DC goes down

Alex de Vaal a.vaal at nh-hotels.com
Wed Jan 12 17:08:17 GMT 2005

On Tue 11 Jan 2005 at 21:31, Jeremy Allison wrote:

>> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 11:08:49AM -0800, Joe Meadows wrote:

>> Thanks for your patch.  My partner Alex tested it and it looks like it
>> does take care of the problem.  CUPS is still a problem as there is a 2
>> minute delay when printing from a Windows machine before the client
>> finally comes back with an error message.  I haven't looked into this
>> yet so maybe his logs will reveal some important clues.  Just mentioning
>> it in case there are some obvious or well known reasons why this is
>> happening.

> Can you do an strace/gdb attach at this point so we know where in
> the code we're hanging ?

I'm the "test partner in crime" of Joe Meadows ;)

I've sent you an "off-list" e-mail with a log level 10 of winbindd and a
document with
timestamps of the steps I took in the test (which corresponds with the time
stamps in
the winbindd.log)

Hope this is helpful in finding the CUPS problem when the primary configured
DC server
is down and winbindd reattached to the domain via the secondary configured
DC server.

Best regards,
Alex.